Showing all 9 results
Showing all 9 results
What is the purpose of face protection in laboratories and industry?
Face protection has been necessary in many industries , and not just since the Corona pandemic. Whereas in medicine an appropriate face mask and, if necessary, protective goggles are often sufficient, in laboratories, for example, additional measures must be taken, especially for chemical work.
A face shield covers the entire face and thus not only prevents potentially dangerous substances from entering the mouth, nose or eyes. It enables unrestricted work despite the highest level of protection. This is because breathing is not restricted by the shield, which can be particularly advantageous for longer applications.
When do I need a face shield?
A face shield is always necessary when working with hazardous substances such as acids or alkalis, but also (dangerous) pathogens and viruses. The shield protects the eyes, mouth and nose as well as the entire facial skin. This can be necessary in many areas of application. These include, among others:
- Hospitals and medical practices,
- nursing homes,
- laboratories of biology, chemistry, food and beverage industry,
- virology laboratories,
- Currently also areas in retail, supermarkets or other public places with a high volume of people.
Face protection in chemistry and industry: legal requirements
To ensure the safety of your staff in the workplace, you should take appropriate protective measures depending on the sector or industry. This is especially true when hazardous substances come into play. These can be liquids as well as solid substances.
GUV-R 192 regulation provides initial overview
If contact with these substances could lead to burns or other damage to the eyes, mouth, nose or skin of your employees, it is obligatory to wear protective equipment. The regulations you should follow depend on the area of use and the type of work. The GUV-R 192 regulation gives you an overview of the types of equipment that should be available in the respective area.
For example, face protection for work in the chemical industry should consist of a visor or a helmet. In addition, employees can also rely on a full-face mask or half mask, which prevents harmful gases from entering the respiratory tract.
|Tip from the MedSolut team:
In addition to protection from dangerous gases, protection from heat is also essential in many industries. Choose the right protective masks and shields as needed.
Face shields: different designs and materials
Depending on the area of application, a face shield must meet a wide variety of requirements. It is therefore worthwhile to take a look at the various designs and materials before use. The different versions offer safety from potential dangers and are particularly convincing due to their long service life. In any case, it is important that the face shield is designed for the task at hand.
Materials of the face shield
There are two main materials used as the basis of the protective equipment. One is polycarbonate, which has a number of advantages and can be processed in different ways. The other is acetate, which provides good protection, especially in chemical applications .
- Polycarbonate is a comparatively unbreakable material that can withstand molten metal and is also particularly scratch resistant. For this reason, it is excellently suited for use in the industrial sector and in the processing of metals. By means of coatings or dyeing, these face shields can also intercept certain radiations, such as infrared radiation, and reduce dazzling light to a minimum.
- Acetate screens are particularly resistant to chemicals, which is why they are especially suitable for applications in laboratories or the chemical industry. The material is extremely temperature-resistant and has low flammability . In addition, it convinces with its high optical quality.
Gre and type of fastening as a selection criterion
In addition to the material, the protective shields also differ in their size and the way they are attached to the head. Helmets and straps offer various advantages:
- A helmet with a flip-up visor offers protection for the head and can quickly prove practical. This is especially true when working with hot or molten materials.
- Strap fastening, on the other hand, is often easier to adjust and more comfortable to wear for longer periods. Ultimately, however, the type of work is decisive for the choice, which also applies to the size of the protection.
You should always take the rest of your protective clothing into account when choosing the size. For example, gowns with high collars can make the dimensions of the helmet or straps smaller or different from what you are used to. Nevertheless, it is advisable to opt for a larger visor to ensure maximum protection.
Order protective clothing at MedSolut.com: everything from a single source
Whether it is protective equipment for laboratories, industry, medical practices, clinics or pharmacies, it is always a good idea to order all the equipment from a single source. At MedSolut.com we offer a wide range of protective clothing to suit your needs. And if you order everything in one place, you can even reduce shipping costs and packaging materials.
Our products for safety equipment include, for example:
- Protective gowns
- Safety goggles
Buy chemical, laboratory and industrial face shields online now.
Buying chemical face protection online brings you several advantages. Ordering is easy and requires little effort, and our portfolio is large, so we can guarantee to find the right product for any application.
Take advantage of our first-class advisory service. By emailing [email protected] or calling +49 30 209 657 900, we’ll advise you and your team on the right designs and all that’s important when it comes to workplace safety. Contact us today and take your workspace to the next level of safety.