When it comes to qualitative equipment for cleanroom work, the SICCO glove box Air Stream from Bohlender GmbH is one of the well-known products. This glove box can be used to work in a high purity atmosphere and offers temperature resistance between -20°C and 70°C.
The clear panes allow for maximum visibility. Due to the gloves in size 9 made of natural rubber, the work “from the outside” not only remains safe – you also have the optimal grip. Where else the glove box is used and what other benefits you can expect from it, read here.
One glove box – versatile applications
Glove boxes such as the SICCO glove box Air Stream are used whenever particles and contaminants in the ambient air would lead to a disruption of work. At the same time, glove boxes protect the user from hazardous substances by creating an airtight barrier. These features are necessary and useful for several applications, so the boxes are especially found in these areas:
- Medical technology: production of drugs, pharmaceutical products and sterile medicines
- Industry: semiconductor manufacturing, optics and laser work, construction of equipment and machine parts, space technology.
- Food industry: aseptic production of food and ingredients
The SICCO glove box Air Stream from Bohlender
When it comes to qualitative products for the purest working conditions, the SICCO glove box Air Streamfrom Bohlender GmbH is one of the well-known products.
This glove box can be used to work in a high purity atmosphere and offers temperature resistance between -20°C and 70°C. The clear panes allow for maximum visibility. Due to the gloves in size 9 made of natural rubber, the work “from the outside” not only remains safe – you also have the optimal grip.
High-quality features and modern technology
The glove box represents the ideal companion when handling toxic substances or when preparing chemical mixtures. Anyone who chooses this device from Bohlender can rely on a whole range of useful functions and modern equipment. These include, first and foremost:
- Airlock: The new SICCO glove box Air Stream is equipped with an airlock that protects the user from substances hazardous to health and protects the samples to be processed from contamination from the ambient air. Other products and instruments can also be introduced particularly easily in this way.
- Fan and replaceable filter cartridge: For even more safety, the fan and replaceable filter cartridge with a HEPA filter H14. Thus, 99.995 % of all particles larger than 1 µm are reliably retained. This high-purity atmosphere in the working chamber can be optimally maintained with a pressure gauge to indicate the filter saturation.
- Different operating modes: The glove box of the SICCO Air Stream can be converted in just a few steps, so that several operating modes are possible at once. In recirculation mode, the air in the interior is continuously passed over the HEPA filter. In fresh air mode, the supplied air is passed over the filter before being blown into the interior – at the same time, unfiltered air is discharged outside into the exhaust air. In extraction mode, air is added, which is sucked in from the environment by the fan. This creates a strong flow, so that the air from the interior is guided over the filter and only filtered air is discharged to the outside.
- Modern materials: in the manufacture of the glove box is based on qualitative and modern processing. The device combines a lightweight and robust aluminum construction with all-around viewable and glare-free acrylic glass panes. The bottom is made of polyethylene.
- Generous door opening: The door opening is also impressive – it offers dimensions of 850 x 425 mm and is supplemented by a tray, making removal in the work area even easier. A latch prevents accidental opening.
- Non-slip grip: Bohlender’s glove box stands particularly securely on non-slip rubber feet, allowing you to concentrate fully on your work.
- Various cable bushings: Several cable bushings (left and right at the rear) are provided for electrical consumers
All important details at a glance
The technical details are also impressive. These look like the following:
|External dimensions||1210 x 1015 x 660 mm|
|Dimensions interior (box)||850 x 650 x 540 mm|
|Inner volume (box)||290 l|
|Dimensions interior (airlock)||220 x 275 x 320 mm|
|Internal volume (airlock)||24 l|
|Total load (box)||24 kg|
|Total load (lock)||3 kg|
|Opening flap lid||850 x 425 mm|
|Temperature resistance||-20°C bis 70°C|
About Bohlender GmbH – BOLA, SICCO and b.safe
Bohlender GmbH, based in Grünsfeld (Baden-Württemberg), is an internationally successful medium-sized company with three product brands: BOLA, SICCO and b.safe. Under the brand name BOLA, professional laboratory supplies such as stirrer shafts, magnetic stirrers, hoses, tap plugs and thermocouples are produced from various high-performance plastics for the laboratories of this world.
With the second product line SICCO, Bohlender manufactures high-quality drying cabinets and desiccators made of acrylic glass. Two years ago, the third product line b.safe and b.safe SYSTEM appeared for sophisticated and reliable HPLC safety solutions – with all the benefits directly from the manufacturer.
Bohlender’s SICCO Air Stream glove box makes cleanroom work particularly easy
Working under the purest, most hygienic requirements, the focus is on a closed atmosphere and maximum safety. Not least for this reason, it is elementary to rely on high-quality equipment – which is where the SICCO glove box Air Stream from Bohlender comes into play. You still have questions or need more information? Ourteam of consultants at MedSolut will be happy to help you. Simply contact us by phone at +49 (0)30 209 657 900 or by e-mail at [email protected]
You like our articles? Then visit our social media channels. So you are guaranteed not to miss any more news!